Team Member Parks and Open Spaces
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 76 hour fortnight
- Salary: A range from $965.30 to $1,110.10 per week plus superannuation
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Cliff Chadburn, Acting Manager Civic Services, 0438 750 498, or email@example.com
- Closing date: Thursday, 29 September 2022 at 4:00 PM
Who we are:
The team: We are a group of people who enjoy being outdoor, looking after our Council outdoor open spaces in Lismore and ensuring our town looks great. This team is within the Civic Services Section of Council’s Infrastructure Services Directorate and plays a key role in the maintenance of all Councils urban and rural parks, reserves, road reserves and sport fields.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- A person who enjoys working outdoors: you thrive on working on open spaces and the great outdoors.
- Experienced in grass cutting: you understand and have used zero turn movers and other small plant associated with horticulture.
- A safety champion: you will have a proven ability to follow safe work practices.
- A sound communicator: you positively contribute to an effective team culture and environment.
- Undertake duties associated with the maintenance of Council’s gardens and landscaping facilities, mowing, brush cutting and spraying within the Lismore Urban and Rural Local Government Areas and CBD footpath sweeper operations.
- Aid and advise on the establishment and maintenance of gardens and trees within the Gardens Team
- Assist in all areas of the Parks & Open Spaces Section in a floating role as work demands
- Have an awareness of your work schedules and requests so maintenance activities are kept on track to be delivered on time and consistent with Council and other relevant standards
- The option to work flexibly to create a work/life balance
- Working with a diverse range of passionate and professional teams across the wide range of services we offer to the community
- Generous leave entitlements including long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development including access to higher education assistance
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing, including having access to our Employee Assistance Program and Fitness Passport and access to annual flu vaccinations and skin checks
- Making a difference in our community
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements
Pre-employment Screening: There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes functional fitness assessment and Confidential Medical Statement) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Council has an immunisation program to provide employees with vaccinations against known health risks associated with their respective duties and to identify any exposure to products that may affect an employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This position has been identified as a risk to the employee and as such the successful applicant/s will be required to participate in the immunisation program and it is the applicant’s responsibility to have undertaken relevant immunisation/s prior to commencement with Council.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.