Lifeguards (Part Time and Casual)
THE IMPORTANT STUFF:
- Permanent Part Time and Casual opportunities available
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Bryce Keniry, Operations Manager on 02 66255370
- Closing date: Friday 7 October 2022 at 4:00pm
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
About this Position
This is an exciting opportunity for qualified Lifeguards to join our team. We are looking for enthusiastic lifeguards to come onboard to watch over our community while they enjoy the excellent facilities at GSAC. You will be joining a team that knows their stuff and prides themselves on providing high levels of customer service to the public.
Lifeguards are a key member of the professional staff at GSAC. This position directly supports the Lifeguard Supervisor and Duty Managers through the provision of various services including lifeguard duties.
If you have an interest in being a Lifeguard, but aren't yet qualified, please register your interest as we may be able to provide training to suitable applicants!
Key responsibilities and performance goals include:
- Supervision of patrons to ensure their wellbeing and compliance with safety requirements
- Provide a high level of customer service to members of the public and other Council staff
- Undertake water rescues and administer first aid/resuscitation where required
- Ensure the facility is clean, well-presented and maintained at all times
- Comply with all WHS requirements as per Council policies, plans and regulatory requirements
- To assist with the smooth operation of the facilities, undertake other duties as directed that are reasonably within the limits of the employee’s skills, competence and training.
Skills and Experience:
- First Aid certificate
- Royal Life Pool Lifeguard certificate (desirable)
- Royal Life Pool Bronze Medallion (desirable)
- Working with Children Check
- Driver’s Licence
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Lismore City Council Goonellabah Sports and Aquatic Centre and Lismore Memorial Baths Enterprise Agreement 2015 (Agreement), and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Pre-employment Screening: There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes drug test and functional fitness assessment) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Working with Children Check
In accordance with the requirement for ‘Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working With Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the ‘Clearance to Work with Children’ provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to the Office of Children's Guardian website.
Our values are respect, to strive, to be passionate and to communicate. We expect anyone who applied for a role with us will be aligned to these values. Out catchphrase is 'Values begins with a V but starts with you.' We want our organisation to be full of talented people who believe in our values.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.