Parks & Open Spaces - Tractor Operator
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 76 hour fortnight
- Salary: Weekly salary range from $999.10 to $1,148.97 per week
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Cliff Chadburn, Acting Manager Civic Services 0406 383 872 or email@example.com
- Closing date: Thursday, 6 October 2022 at 4:00 PM
Who we are:
The role: Reporting to Team Leader – The Tractor Operator Parks and Open Spaces is responsible for undertaking duties:
• Work within a team environment and carry out a range of tasks consistent with a multi-skilled Parks and Open Spaces Team to improve the amenity of Lismore and surrounding Villages.
• Operate and maintain of plant and equipment used within parks environment,
• Cooperate and communicate with team members
• Provide assistance across the scope of Civic Services – Parks & Open Spaces.
This position is part of a multi-skilled team and is required too flexible and agile. From time to time, this role may be required to support more than one department as the need arises and provide support across the organisation as directed.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Accepting of new ideas and embrace change.
- Outcome focused.
- Open minded in sharing information and knowledge freely.
- Driven for improvement.
- Someone with integrity and take responsibility.
- Customer service focused.
- Able to prioritise and schedule work and meet deadlines.
- Foster a culture of safety and behaviour based on safety principles.
- Align service delivery to meet current tasked schedules and rosters.
- Enhance your knowledge base of plants and vegetation.
- Provide clear concise information.
Pre-employment Screening: There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes Confidential Medical Statement and functional fitness assessment) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Immunisation Program: Council has an immunisation program to provide employees with vaccinations against known health risks associated with their respective duties and to identify any exposure to products that may affect an employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This position has been identified as a risk to the employee and as such the successful applicant/s will be required to participate in the immunisation program and it is the applicant’s responsibility to have undertaken relevant immunisation/s prior to commencement with Council.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.