Parks & Open Spaces - Trades Assistant
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 76 hour fortnight
- Salary: Weekly salary range starting at $1,034.40 to $1,189.56 per week
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Cliff Chadburn, Acting Manager Civic Services 0406 383 872 or email@example.com
- Closing date: Thursday, 6 October 2022 at 4:00 PM
The Trades Assistant is an important member of the Civic Services Section with Council’s Infrastructure Services Directorate. The position sits within the Parks and Open Spaces department. The primary objective of the Trades Assistant is to assist with inspections, repair, and maintenance of recreational assets.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Accepting of new ideas and embrace change.
- Outcome focused.
- Open minded in sharing information and knowledge freely.
- Driven for improvement.
- Someone with integrity and take responsibility.
- Customer service focused.
- Able to prioritise and schedule work and meet deadlines.
- Have the skills, capability, and willingness to analyse problems, evaluate alternatives with a focus on collaborative problem solving.
- Have the ability to operate machinery to manage tasks within the role.
- Read and follow instructions from Supervisors.
- Undertake handyman responsibilities.
- Undertakes routine parks and playgrounds inspections and record them in the REFLECT management system.
- Identify and record defects and risks when undertaking routine inspections.
Pre-employment Screening: There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes Confidential Medical Statement and functional fitness assessment) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Immunisation Program: Council has an immunisation program to provide employees with vaccinations against known health risks associated with their respective duties and to identify any exposure to products that may affect an employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This position has been identified as a risk to the employee and as such the successful applicant/s will be required to participate in the immunisation program and it is the applicant’s responsibility to have undertaken relevant immunisation/s prior to commencement with Council.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.