Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Plant Mechanic
Lismore is the heart of the area, with all services you would expect from a regional city. We’re just 45 minutes from Byron Bay and only two and a half hours from Brisbane. With its outstanding natural beauty, subtropical climate, a diverse and colourful community, close proximity to some of Australia's best beaches, a major regional hospital, quality schools and a bustling retail and cultural precinct, Lismore is an enviable place to work and call home.
Here at Lismore City Council we operate an exciting, inclusive and rewarding work environment. We offer a range of benefits including:
- a training support program
- additional study initiatives where appropriate
- flexible working arrangements
- diverse career paths
- a great work-life balance
Our values were created as part of a consultative ‘Values Project’ involving staff across the organisation. Our values are to respect, to strive, to be passionate and to communicate. We expect anyone who applies for a job with us to be aligned with these values. Our catchphrase is 'Values begins with a V but start with you.’ We want our organisation to be full of talented people who believe in our values. You can find more detailed information on our values on our eRecruitment portal.
Lismore City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
- The apprenticeship is over a four (4) year period. The Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Plant Mechanic is a key member of the Fleet Services team within Council’s Infrastructure Services Directorate.
- To undertake and successfully complete Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology in conjunction with on the job training undertaking the duties associated with fleet services and undertake the maintenance, service and repair of mobile and fixed plant fleet for all Council departments.
- Training duration will be determined on sign up.
Full position description here.
What do we need from you:
- Genuine interest in motor mechanics
- Reliable, fit and energetic
- Able to work in a team environment
- Commitment and willingness to complete the apprenticeship term
Full-time: 76 hour fortnight
Local Government (State) Award - Apprentice / Trainee Rates of Pay:
Apprentice / Trainee award rates, entry level is T1 to T4 depending on age. Click here for more information.
Conditions of employment: Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Closing date: Wednesday 5 December 2018 @ 4.30pm
Contact: For a confidential discussion or further information regarding this position please contact Daniel Bryant, Fleet Maintenance Coordinator, phone 0429 017 146.
Council has an immunisation program to provide employees with vaccinations against known health risks associated with their respective duties and to identify any exposure to products that may affect an employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This position has been identified as a risk to the employee and as such the successful applicant/s will be required to participate in the immunisation program and it is the applicant’s responsibility to have undertaken relevant immunisation/s prior to commencement with Council.
The names and contact numbers of two referees will form part of the recruitment process.
A Pre-Placement Health Assessment shall be conducted prior to any offer of appointment and as part of the pre-placement health assessment candidates will be required to undertake a drug test.
- No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's eRecruitment portal.
- We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to deadline outlined above.