Floating Plant Operator
Lismore City Council proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
We offer great conditions and our community is unlike any other – you can build a beautiful life and a great career in this region.
Lismore is the heart of the area, with all services you would expect from a regional city. We’re just 45 minutes from Byron Bay and only two and a half hours from Brisbane. With its outstanding natural beauty, subtropical climate, a diverse and colourful community, close proximity to some of Australia's best beaches, a major regional hospital, quality schools and a bustling retail and cultural precinct, Lismore is an enviable place to work and call home.
About this position
The position of Commercial Services Floating Plant Operator is a key member of the Commercial Services Section within Council’s Infrastructure Services Directorate and plays a key role in supporting the Commercial Services Waste teams in ensuring the efficient and effective use of materials and resources under their control.
This position is part of a multi-skilled team and is required to be flexible and agile. From time to time, this role may be required to support more than one department as the need arises and provide support across the organisation as directed.
The right person for this role will:
- Be accepting of new ideas and embrace change
- Be outcome focused
- Be open minded in sharing information and knowledge freely
- Be flexible and agile to work across different business areas
- Have a drive for improvement
- Have personal integrity and take responsibility
- Have a genuine customer service focus
- Have the ability to prioritise and schedule work and meet deadlines
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills
- They will embody Council’s values.
What do we need from you:
- Front End Loader Certificate of Competency
- WorkCover Construction Induction Certificate
- Skid Steer Certificate of Competency
- Current Forklift Licence
- Excavator Certificate of Competency (Highly regarded)
- Experience operating Screening Plant
- Experience in the operation of a Waste Hook Truck
- Current Class HR Drivers Licence
- Competency in compactor or bobcat operation
Full Position Description available here
Full-time: 38 hour week
Salary: From $994.20 (Grade 6 Entry) per week + superannuation
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Closing date: Friday 11th June at 4:00pm
Contact: For further information please contact Jason Hughes, Acting Waste Operations Coordinator, on 0427664879.
A Pre-Placement Health Assessment shall be conducted prior to any offer of appointment and as part of the pre-placement health assessment candidates will be required to undertake a drug test. Other screening processes appropriate to the role will be conducted including referee checking & functional fitness assessment.
These were created as part of a consultative ‘Values Project’ involving staff across the whole organisation.
Our values are to respect, to strive, to be passionate and to communicate. We expect anyone who applies for a job with us to be aligned with these values. Our catchphrase is 'Values begin with a V but start with you.’ We want our organisation to be full of talented people who believe in the values we do.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's eRecruitment portal.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.