Water and Wastewater Operator
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 76 hour fortnight, work on an on-call roster outside of normal working hours and in emergency situations.
- Salary: A salary range from $1068.20 per week + superannuation.
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Matt Potter, Coordinator of Water Treatment and Trades, by phone 0408 678 415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date: Friday, 9 September 2022 at 4:00 PM
Who we are:
The team: Lismore City Council Wastewater Department employs 13 trades and field staff that receive and treat wastewater from Lismore Government area. Infrastructure includes three sewerage treatment plants and 33 sewer pump stations. The Water and Wastewater Department operationally manages 3 EPA licences and reports on effluent discharges against safe environmental trigger points.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- A problem solver: you are willing to solve problems by applying standards and evaluating alternatives.
- A champion in safety: you make safety a fundamental part of your work.
- A Team Player: you will have a proven ability to work cohesively in a team, whilst producing consistently high outcomes.
- A great communicator: you will have high level communication skills to work with a range of stakeholders and work well as part of a team.
- Be responsible for the operation and maintenance of water & sewerage treatment plant systems, network assets and processes.
- Ensure activities undertaken are compliant with all relevant licences, standards, guidelines and legislation.
- Undertake routine and non-routine sampling, field testing and laboratory testing of water and wastewater.
- Ensure data from sampling and testing is accurately recorded and maintained, and interpret data to ensure compliance with all relevant licences, standards, guidelines and legislation.
- Working with a diverse range of passionate and professional teams across the wide range of services we offer to the community
- Generous leave entitlements including long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development including access to higher education assistance
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing, including having access to our Employee Assistance Program and Fitness Passport and access to annual flu vaccinations
- Making a difference in our community
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Pre-employment Screening: Lismore City Council adheres to the guidelines and advice outlined by NSW Health in relation to COVID-19 related legislation, and will be collecting and screening vaccination information for future employees as required.
There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (functional fitness assessment and confidential medical statement) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Council has an immunisation program to provide employees with vaccinations against known health risks associated with their respective duties and to identify any exposure to products that may affect an employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This position has been identified as a risk to the employee and as such the successful applicant/s will be required to participate in the immunisation program and it is the applicant’s responsibility to have undertaken relevant immunisation/s prior to commencement with Council.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.