The important stuff:
- Full Time: 35 hour week
- Salary: A salary range from $1,339.00 per week + superannuation
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Leanne Clark, Events and Facilities Coordinator on 0427919627
- Closing date: Tuesday 4 October at 9:00 am
Who we are:
The team: We are a small, supportive team who are passionate about bringing a range of events to Lismore and our community.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Accepting of new ideas and embrace change.
- Interested in helping and supporting the community
- Customer Service focused
- Someone who has excellent time management and organisational skills
- Have the skills, capability and willingness to analyse problems, evaluate alternatives with a focus on collaborative problem solving.
- Ensure projects and resourcing plans are aligned to accountabilities and responsibilities
- Engage and consult by means of well-developed oral and written communication skills, with the capability to influence, listen to others, put forward ideas and encourage the views of others.
- Support the team to achieve excellence through service delivery benchmarks and is committed to the implementation of continued improvement processes
- Working with a diverse range of passionate and professional teams across the wide range of services we offer to the community
- Generous leave entitlements including long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing, including having access to our Employee Assistance Program and Fitness Passport
- Making a difference in our community
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements
Pre-employment Screening: Lismore City Council adheres to the guidelines and advice outlined by NSW Health in relation to COVID-19 related legislation.
There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes Confidential Medical Statement) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Working with Children Check
In accordance with the requirement for ‘Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working With Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the ‘Clearance to Work with Children’ provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to the Office of Children's Guardian website.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.