Water & Wastewater - Water Attendant /Meter Reader
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 76 hour fortnight and participation in an on-call roster
- Salary: A salary range from $999.10 per week + superannuation
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Blake Brewer-Charles, Coordinator Water Maintenance, 0437 810 483 or email@example.com
- Closing date: Thursday, 29 September 2022, 4pm
Who we are:
The team: The water and wastewater maintenance team objectives are to maintain and repair Lismore City Council's water and wastewater assets. This position has a focus on delivering exceptional customer service to the community. We are looking for someone who has the skills, capability and willingness to solve problems by applying standards and evaluating alternatives.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Interested in making safety your number one priority: you are compelled to go home every day from work the same way you came to work fit and healthy with an understanding of work health and safety principals
- A team player: you participate in discussions around best practice, including suggesting ideas for improvement and process change
- An excellent communicator: you will have solid communication skills and the ability to gain cooperation and assistance from a range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Carry out operational and maintenance tasks on Council’s water and wastewater infrastructure as directed
- Perform a range of labouring tasks required for the operation, maintenance and construction of water and wastewater infrastructure
- Work on an on-call roster outside of normal working hours
- Undertake other tasks within the capabilities of the role as directed by the Team Leaders such as quarterly meter reading of household water consumption.
- Work/life balance and working outdoors
- Working with a diverse range of passionate and professional teams across the wide range of services we offer to the community
- Generous leave entitlements including long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development including access to higher education assistance
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing, including having access to our Employee Assistance Program and Fitness Passport and access to annual flu vaccinations
- Making a difference in our community by ensuring the delivery of clean drinking water and the safe removal of waste water.
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Pre-employment Screening: Lismore City Council adheres to the guidelines and advice outlined by NSW Health in relation to COVID-19 related legislation, and will be collecting and screening vaccination information for future employees as required.
There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes confidential medical statement and functional fitness assessment) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Council has an immunisation program to provide employees with vaccinations against known health risks associated with their respective duties and to identify any exposure to products that may affect an employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This position has been identified as a risk to the employee and as such the successful applicant/s will be required to participate in the immunisation program and it is the applicant’s responsibility to have undertaken relevant immunisation/s prior to commencement with Council.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.