Roads Delivery Manager
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 35 hour week
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Cliff Chadburn on 0406 383 872 or email@example.com
- Closing date: Sunday, 25 September 2022 at 5:00 PM
About the position: The Roads Delivery Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of civil and capital works to the Community in the most cost effective and efficient manner for Roads Infrastructure. The objective of the role is to ensure the delivery meets the expectations and needs of the community. Manage, motivate, and develop staff involved in the Roads section.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Motivated to serve the community.
- Flexible and be able to adjust your style and approach to suit varying situations model ethical behaviour and reinforce it others.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring staff to foster professional development and continuous learning.
- Experienced in managing and delivering construction works for roads and associated assets, within a budget.
- Innovative and constantly striving to improve management systems, processes and practices.
- Highly skilled in project management.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Relevant Bachelors (4 Year Engineering - Civil) Degree qualification coupled with extensive civil construction experience.
- Eligibility for membership of a professional body (LGEA, IPWEA, IEA)
- WorkCover Construction Induction Certificate
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Design and Inspect Traffic Control Plans (Previously known as an Orange Card) or
- Prepare a Work Zone Traffic Plan (Traffic Control Certificate/s previously known as Red and/or Orange Cards)
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes Confidential Medical Statement and functional fitness assessment) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.