Gym Group Fitness Lead - GSAC
The important stuff:
- Part Time: 20 hours per week
- Salary: A salary range from $28.11 per hour + superannuation
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Kris Van Bibber, Gym and Fitness Coordinator on 02 66255382.
- Closing date: Thursday 29 September 2022 at 4:00pm
Who we are:
The team: We are an energetic and enthusiastic team with a wide range of skills and experience. We are passionate about providing our members with great service and improving the health and fitness of our community.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Self motivated and proactive
- A team player
- Someone with a passion for group fitness
- Outcome focused
- Accepting of new ideas and embrace change
- Able to prioritise and schedule work and meet deadlines
- Organise promotions, launches, other events and provide input into marketing strategies to maintain and attract customers for group fitness.
- Oversee group fitness classes and timetable—manage, monitor and evaluate class attendances to meet target objectives.
- Be responsive to customer needs and schedule the group fitness timetable and programs accordingly (using statistics, surveys, and other forms of active primary feedback).
- Recruit, communicate, encourage and develop fitness instructors, ensuring classes are conducted to a very high professional standard.
- Promote classes through artworks, social media and contests.
- Process instructors invoices in a timely fashion.
- Efficiently and effectively supervise the Gym Floor and build sound relations with members at SWITCH Gym/GSAC.
- Assist the Management Team with the day to day operations of the Centre.
- Working with a diverse, passionate and professional team.
- Generous leave entitlements including long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing
- Making a difference in our community
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Lismore City Council Goonellabah Sports and Aquatic Centre and Lismore Memorial Baths Enterprise Agreement 2015 (Agreement), and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Pre-employment Screening: Lismore City Council adheres to the guidelines and advice outlined by NSW Health in relation to COVID-19 related legislation.
There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes Confidential Medical Statement and functional fitness assessment) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Working with Children Check
In accordance with the requirement for ‘Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working With Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the ‘Clearance to Work with Children’ provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to the Office of Children's Guardian website.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.