Lismore Regional Gallery and Quad - Casual Positions
The important stuff:
- Position Status: Casual
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Ashleigh Ralph, Art Gallery Director on 6627 4607 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Thursday, 6 October 2022 at 4:00 pm
- Wage: $33.76 per hour
Who we are:
The team: We are a small team of passionate individuals committed to bringing the community on a shared journey of making and engaging in contemporary art. We play an active role in the cultural life of our community by providing events and experiences in the Gallery and Quad. This call-out is for outdoor event shifts for The Quad and Gallery shifts. You will be working within a small team reporting to the Quad Placemaking Officer on various events and Gallery Administration Support Officer for events in the Gallery, including the opportunity for Front of House shifts
The Lismore Regional Gallery and Lismore Quad: Established in 1953 by a group of passionate individuals, Lismore Regional Gallery is one of the longest-running cultural organisations in the Northern Rivers known for a bold program of exhibitions, artist commissions, public programs and off-site projects. Since 2017, the Quad has been a dynamic space and a platform for developing and presenting new work through events and performances. Together, our commitment is to bring the community on a shared journey of making and engaging in contemporary art. We are a diverse organisation of many disciplines working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Passionate about Arts & Culture: you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience working in the arts and cultural sector within your community.
- Have experience working in events: you are excited to listen and respond to the communities needs and public inquires (including complaints!)
- A good communicator: you will have high level communication skills and the ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and gain cooperation and assistance from a range of stakeholders both internal and external.
- Be able to think on your feet and respond appropriately in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Be able to interact with confidence with our Gallery and Quad community
- Be friendly and approachable.
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about the arts and our region
- Be flexible in your availability and can work evenings and weekends
- The option to work flexibly to create a work/life balance
- Working within a passionate and professional team
- Working and giving back to the community.
- The creative and vibrant working environment of the Lismore Quad
Applications without an attached CV will not be considered.
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Pre-employment Screening: There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes drug test) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Working with Children Check
In accordance with the requirement for ‘Working with Children' anyone starting a new, paid job in child-related work must apply for the Working With Children Check (WWCC). This is a requirement for this position and it is the responsibility of the successful applicant to have undertaken the WWCC and the ‘Clearance to Work with Children’ provided to Council prior to commencement. For further information on how to apply please refer to the Office of Children's Guardian website.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.