Sport and Recreation Lead
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 35 hour week.
- Salary: A salary range from $1,673.71 per week + superannuation (negotiable depending on skills and experience)
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Tony Duffy, Manager Liveable & Active Communities on 02 66250599 or Jim Roberts, Community Recreation Planner on 0491647317.
- Closing date: Wednesday 28 September 2022 at 4:00pm
Who we are:
The team: As part of the Liveable and Active Communities Team you will be contributing to the vision and master planning of the sport and recreation landscape for Lismore.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- Flexible & agile to work across different business areas
- Someone with a drive for improvement
- Accepting of new ideas and embrace change
- Outcome focused
- Able to prioritise and schedule work and meet deadlines
- Excellent with time management and have great organisational skills
- Investigate, innovate and master plan the development of positive leisure opportunities in consultation with the Liveable and Active Communities team.
- Oversee the delivery of leisure projects as directed by the Manager Liveable and Active Communities.
- Lead, articulate and model Council’s vision through recreation planning, strategy and policy development.
- Development and facilitate implementation of strategic directions, plans and policies for Council’s open spaces, sportsgrounds and recreation through innovation and community partnerships.
- Develop, coordinate, promote and evaluate recreational programs for all ages and abilities
- Respond to community needs and public inquiries/ complaints as they relate to recreation, sport and programming
- Seek out, recommend and administer funding programs to maximize recreation opportunities
- Oversee and encourage consultation with community groups and stakeholders to support current and planned communities.
- Community engagement and relationship management.
- Maintain and foster a network of strategic links with relevant sport, community, and government organisations.
- Working with a diverse range of passionate and professional teams across the wide range of services we offer to the community
- Generous leave entitlements including long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing
- Making a difference in our community
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements
Pre-employment Screening: Lismore City Council adheres to the guidelines and advice outlined by NSW Health in relation to COVID-19 related legislation.
There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes Confidential Medical Statement) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.