Administration Process Officer
The important stuff:
- Full Time: 35 hour week
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Kevin Trustum, Business Manager Commercial Services on 0409 986 413 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Thursday, 29 September 2022 at 4:00 pm
The Administration Processing Officer will provide administrative and support services for the functions units within the Commercial Services and their team in line with corporate policies, procedures, directives and legislative requirements. This role ensures the smooth running of the business area by performing a range of administrative processing and support functions within a political, complex and multi-faceted organisational environment.
From time to time, this role may be required to support more than one department as the need arises and provide support across the organisation as directed.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the Commercial Services Businesses maintaining data bases and registers, meetings, mailouts, TRIM and data entry as required.
- Provide high level meeting support including agendas, minutes, research for Council reports, notes, room bookings, catering, meeting attendance, correspondence and liaison for meetings
- Maintain high level skills in the operation of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases.
- Process airport visitor cards, airside driving permits, inspection records, section inductions, log forms, ASIC cards.
- Administer payments, creating requisitions of work orders as required
- Comply with Council’s Procurement Guidelines and processes
- Provide a high level of customer service to manage the expectations of internal and external customers in the resolution of their issues
- Accept ownership to accomplish new and different requests
- Be flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the team
- Participate and contribute
- Ability to ensure that all corporate records are fully and accurately captured and maintained, to comply with legislative requirements and business needs.
- Competency in general administrative and clerical tasks such as telephone skills, record keeping and photocopying.
- Client service focus.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills.
- Time management skills and attention to detail.
- Organisational abilities in setting priorities, scheduling tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Skills and experience in using information technology; MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, Access.
- Cash handling, banking
- Ability to apply relevant policies and procedures.
- Competent keyboard skills, records maintenance and management.
- Ability to operate and perform basic maintenance of PCs and related software, printers, photocopiers, laminators, and binders.
- Adaptability; ability to respond to change and a problem-solving outlook.
- Undertake sustainable work practices that align with Council’s commitment to the principles of sustainability.
- Capacity to manage workloads and competing priorities effectively
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Pre-employment Screening: There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes drug test), criminal history check and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.