The important stuff:
- Full Time: 76 hour fortnight
- Full position description: Click here
- Contact: For a confidential discussion please contact Cliff Chadburn, Acting Manager Civic Services on 0406 383 872 or email@example.com
- Closing date: Thursday, 29 September 2022
The position: Reporting to the Tree Officer, the Lead Arborist is responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient maintenance of trees within the Lismore LGA. The Lead arborist is to manage time to prioritise tasks and motivate the team to maximise productivity and efficiency. This position is part of a multi-skilled team and is required to be flexible and agile. From time to time, this role may be required to support other departments with vegetation management as the need arises and provide support across the organisation as directed.
The organisation: We are committed to making a valuable difference in the community in which we live, work and play. We are a diverse organisation that is made up of many disciplines all working towards the same end goal. We offer a broad range of career opportunities for everyone and encourage and support our teams to develop their skills and build their careers here in the Northern Rivers.
To find out more about our diverse and colourful region, click here.
- A person who enjoys working outdoors: you thrive on working on open spaces and the great outdoors.
- Experienced in tree maintenance: you are self-motivated, proactive, observant and aware.
- A safety champion: you will have a proven ability to follow safe work practices.
- A sound communicator: you positively contribute to an effective team culture and environment
- Be willing and have the capability to analyse problems, evaluate alternatives with a focus on collaborative problem solving.
- Undertake climbing and rescuing as per trade qualification.
- Operate (large plant) EWP, chipper and chipper truck and stump grinders.
- Operate and maintain (small plant) chainsaws, ropes, and all equipment relevant to arboriculture.
- Maintain records and sign off completed customer requests in relevant data bases.
- Working with a diverse range of passionate and professional teams across the wide range of services we offer to the community
- Generous leave entitlements including long service leave entitlements and access to paid parental leave
- Working in an organisation that supports and encourages growth and development including access to higher education assistance
- Feeling supported by an organisation that genuinely cares about your wellbeing, including having access to our Employee Assistance Program and Fitness Passport and access to annual flu vaccinations.
Conditions of Employment: Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
Pre-employment Screening: There will be a series of pre-employment checks including health assessments (includes Confidential Medical Statement and functional fitness assessment) and receipt of copies of relevant qualifications and reference checks.
Council has an immunisation program to provide employees with vaccinations against known health risks associated with their respective duties and to identify any exposure to products that may affect an employee’s health, fitness and wellbeing. This position has been identified as a risk to the employee and as such the successful applicant/s will be required to participate in the immunisation program and it is the applicant’s responsibility to have undertaken relevant immunisation/s prior to commencement with Council.
No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's portal prior to the deadline outlined above.
We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the deadline outlined above.